Monday, March 7, 2011

Magickal Names, Sacred Space, and 52 Weeks!

I'm excited. Not only have I signed on to try and do Pagan Fiction in 113 Words or Less I am now jumping on board for 52 Weeks of Pagan Art Journaling and hope Danni doesn't mind me sort of copying her idea with re-using an old book to paint on :) I'm a few weeks behind but want to catch up and then follow along with everyone. It shall be so much fun!

Now, onto some of my favourite little bits from the few chapters I read from The Complete Idiots Guide to Wicca and Witchcraft. Some questions on choosing your Magickal Name and choosing the location for your Sacred Space. Please, tell me your's and how you came about them!

Choosing your Magickal Name
1. Do you have an affinity for a particular God or Goddess whom you have read about?
2. Do you have a favourite myth or legend? What is it? Who are the characters? Which one do you identify with most strongly?
3. Is there a species of animal that is special to you? What qualities do that animals have?
4. Are you particularly drawn to one of the four elements? What about other natural substances such as different woods, or metals?
5. What is your favourite plant, flower, or tree?

Creating your Sacred Space
1. Would you rather be indoors or out?
2. Do you like to have a lot of things around you - pictures, knickknacks, and souvenirs - or do you prefer a space free of clutter?
3. Is there a space in your home or surroundings that feels particularly powerful or attractive to you?
4. Do you need to keep your ritual and magickal activities secret from those you live with?

I am so glad I decided to reread this book too. Now with taking some of the Witch School courses and reading a lot of the same categories but done differently I am much more comfortable with editing and making my own versions of rituals and a lot of the information is a nice refresher of things I have forgotten about.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing so much valuable information from your book and good luck on the Pagan Art Journaling. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoooHooo! Can't wait to read what you'll come up with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay, more people along for the ride. love it. It sounds like you've got a lot of projects on the go! Good luck with all your endeavours.

    ReplyDelete