Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Book Shelf

So, I got this urge when I got up this..er afternoon (I was up til 5AM doing my new courses at Witch School LOL) to organize some of my books and make a list of the ones I have. I don't know why, but I just did. I also cleaned up and organized my nightstand so it's not as big a mess of unneeded things beside my head anymore hehe I thought, what the hell, I'll share this list. Please, keep in mind I have only fully read a few of them, and started reading a few others. I am going to start re-reading and reading all of them though. Might take a little while with doing the courses, but I'd like to fully read all of them, and of course will copy a few interesting things out on here - or tell of my experiences. Anywhoo, books!

Everyday Magic - Dorothy Morrison
The Witches' Goddess - the Farrars
Divination for Beginners - Scott Cunningham
Earth Power - Cunningham
The Truth about Witchcraft Today - Cunningham
Magical Aromatherapy - Cunningham
Encyclopedia of Herbs - Cunningham (I actually have two copies by accident LOL)
Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem, and Metal Magic - Cunningham
Complete book of Incense, Oils, and Brews - Cunningham
Wicca - Cunningham (needs to be replaced from someones cat *coughcough*)
Living Wicca - Cunningham (also needs to be replaced for same reason LOL)
Spell Crafts - Cunningham and David Harrington
Sabbath - Wayne Muller
Moon Magick - D.J. Conway
Idiot's Guide to Tarot and Fortune Telling
How to Stir a Magick Cauldron - Silver Ravenwolf
How to Ride a Silver Broomstick - Ravenwolf
Everything Astrology - Trish MacGregor
The Witch in every Woman - Laurie Cabot
Practical Candleburning Rituals - Raymond Buckland
Complete Book of Witchcraft - Buckland (revised edition)
Idiot's Guide to Wicca and Witchcraft

Tarot - Brian Froud's Faerie Oracle
(I think I have a couple more decks at my parent's, but I attune best with faeries)

So, there's my small list of books I have so far. Yes, I do have an obsession with Cunningham's works if you can't tell. I want to collect them all. I usually try and do a small remembrance ritual on the day of his death...Which I believe is coming up...Yup, March 28th. I was crushed to find out he had passed only like a year prior to finding his amazing works. It would have been a dream to meet him.

Anywhoo, I am beginning with the Idiot's Guide to Wicca and Witchcraft for reading material. I have fully read through it yearrrs ago, so want to re-read it and remember there being some good lists of Gods and Goddesses, different Diety and tools, etc. Should be fun. On a side note, with the Witchschool courses, I did a small "Shielding" spell for shielding against negative energies, and then a grounding type spell. I was reading it off the screen, but could still feel the intensity of it. It was a nice experience. I have some personal work to do with those courses and have 3 exams in a week (no exam for the meditation course it seems...) I'm taking the Correllian First Degree, Living with Wicca, Introduction to Grimoires, and a beginners Meditation course. I'm enjoying them deeply!

Well, another time.
Blessed Be.

1 comment:

  1. "The Idiot's Guide..." and Cunningham's "Wicca..." were my first two witchcraft books and two I still recommend. Happy studying!

    ReplyDelete